Why Choose CBX?
What We Handle
We can take care of damage to both low slope and steep slope roofs in virtually any configuration or style.
There are five primary causes of roof damage. These include:
- Improper Maintenance - It’s important to check your roof regularly for damage. This is especially true for properties with little or no slope. Minor damage, over time, can develop into a lot of problems.
- Hail & Wind Damage - In areas like Idaho Falls, roofers are often needed to repair the damage caused by our strong, sometimes overwhelming hail and wind storms. Strong winds can weaken shingles, loosen nails, and tear up various other roofing materials while strong hail can bruise and take years of life off of the shingles. When this happens, our Idaho Falls roofing services can tighten everything down and make your roof secure.
- Ice Damage - One reason our services are so valuable is because of the damage that ice and snow can take on roofs of all kinds, and with the long, harsh winters in Idaho Falls, roof repair is often in high demand. That fluffy snow on your roof doesn’t usually last long, often quickly melting into shingles and flashing, and then refreezing. When this happens, these structures shift and weaken.
- Damage From Other Weather Conditions - Even “mild” weather conditions can result in damage to your roof over time, as direct exposure to UV light can result in roof deterioration, especially for asphalt shingles.
- Poor Installation - If your roof wasn’t installed properly, or you’ve had repair services that were simply low in quality, our Idaho Falls roofing services can bring it up to its optimum state.
The Best Utah Roofers Around
If you’re looking for the Northern Utah roofing contractors you can rely on, look no further than Columbia Basin Exteriors. We provide roofing work for both residential and commercial properties in a proficient and responsible manner. We focus on combining fast and efficient work with a high degree of safety. Our experience in roofing has given us the ability to combine our knowledge of construction with innovative approaches to our various projects.
How We Operate
If your roof has undergone damage for any reason, be sure to contact your insurance company right away to go over your options. We can meet face to face with your insurance adjuster, and ensure that all of the damage is documented. We can work with your insurance company in a way that gets you the most out of your plan.
We repair roofs made from a wide variety of materials, including:
- Asphalt Shingles
- Cedar Shake
We can repair, tear off, and replace the two main types of roofs:
- Low Slope: These are roofs with a pitch of less than 18 degrees. These types of roofs are comprised of a variety of integral parts, such as flashing, copings, cover boards, and drains in order to ensure proper moisture protection and drainage, keeping them strong and long lasting. They also include acrylic, emulsion, reflective, and aluminum coatings for additional waterproofing and corrosion resistance, and tend to be insulated most often by polyisocyanurate insulation for heat and cold protection. Our Idaho Falls roofers can repair low slope roofs properly.
- Steep Slope: These roofs have a pitch that is greater than 18 degrees. These tend to be more difficult roofs to repair, but we have all of the right technicians and equipment for the job. We have comprehensive steep slope roofing capabilities, and can handle all of the materials and layers that comprise steep slopes, including sheet metal, slate, tile, wood shakes, shingles, and more.
Generally speaking, our northern Utah roofing services include the installation of insulation, followed by the application of bitumen (a tar-like substance). Then, we install roofing felt in overlapping layers. We make sure that each layer is covered in the right amount of bitumen, ensuring that these layers are properly sealed. The final layer includes a glaze for a smooth finish, or we can create a rough surface by finishing with gravel embedded in hot bitumen.
We are also experienced in applying shingles to residential steep slope properties. We will lay, cut, and tack roofing felt over your entire roof, and subsequently nail overlapping rows of shingles down until the entire roof has been completed. We will cut both the felt and shingles in such a way that they fit perfectly across all areas of the roof, including intersecting roof surfaces and around chimneys, vent pipes, and other areas.
Why Choose Columbia Basin Exteriors For Your Roofing Services?
When you choose Columbia Basin Exteriors, you can rest assured that your roof is in the hands of experienced technicians who take pride in their work. We will make sure that a comprehensive plan is drawn up before we begin, that it is properly supervised and managed throughout its execution, and that everything is cleaned up after our work is complete.